Terms and Conditions
Privacy Statement and Data Protection
- All sales are final, no refunds or exchanges
- Doors normally open 30 mins before cinema shows and 1 hour before other shows, please arrive in good time, if you are late you will not be able to enter the auditorium until a suitable break
- We reserve the right to change your allocated seat to another of equal value
- We reserve the right to amend or cancel a performance without liability
- Proof of entitlement to concessionary ticket required at time of admission
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to ticket holders
- Ensure watch alarms and phones are turned off during shows
- Strictly no recording or photographic equipment is allowed to be used within The Watermark building without prior permission
- Children aged under 12 must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult aged over 18
1. A booking form/email must be completed for the hire of all or part of The Watermark.
2. All fees, deposits and final invoices must be paid by the date(s) specified in the booking confirmation.
3. If requested the hirer shall supply for approval a copy of the programme/timings of any event not less than 7 days before the function.
4. All the conditions attached to the Alcohol & Entertainment licences for the Watermark shall be duly observed.
5. The hirer shall be liable for any damage to any part or parts thereof or to the fabric of the building, any fixtures, fittings, equipment or other property and shall make good and pay for any damage caused. The charge will be calculated on actual cost to repair damage plus a £50 administration fee. A fixed deposit may be levied in advance.
6. Under no circumstances will The Watermark make good or accept responsibility or liability in respect of any damage or theft or loss of any property, goods, and articles brought into or left upon the premises either by the hirer or by other persons.
7. The Watermark shall not be liable for any loss due to any breakdown of machinery, failure of supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, government restriction or act of God, which may cause the premises to be temporarily closed, or the hiring to be interrupted and / or cancelled.
8. All equipment brought into The Watermark for the purpose of the event or hire by the hirer, attending the event must be removed at the end of the event or sooner if requested by the Watermark Supervisor. Some equipment may be stored over night at the hirers own risk and by arrangement only.
9. The hirer shall be liable for and shall indemnify The Watermark in respect of any loss, damage or injury, which may be incurred by or be done or happen to the hirer or any person or persons.
10. The right of entry to the hired premises by any persons is reserved by the Watermark Supervisor at all times.
11. The hirer shall comply with all reasonable requests made by the Watermark Supervisor at all times.
12. The hirer shall, during the hiring be responsible to the Watermark Supervisor for the effective control of all persons attending their event, the safety of the hired premises and preservation of good order and decency therein.
13. The hirer shall ensure all access/egress doors, within the hired premises shall be kept unobstructed and no obstruction shall be placed or allowed to remain in any corridor, access route or fire escape area.
14. The hirer shall at the end of the hire period leave the premises in a clean and orderly state. If, at our discretion, additional cleaning is required we will have to make a charge. This will be calculated on actual cost of the additional cleaning plus a £50 admin fee. A fixed deposit may be levied in advance.
15. Smoke machines or similar devices shall not be used.
16. The use of stroboscopic lighting to be in accordance with the Codes of Practice and Regulations.
17. All portable electrical equipment must be tested in accordance with the P.A.T. (Portable Appliance Testing) Regulations. Any equipment that is deemed by the Watermark Supervisor to be unsafe shall not be used and shall be removed from the premises.
18. The Watermark retains the sole and exclusive rights of supply to persons attending the premises of beers, wines, spirits and other drinks (whether alcoholic or otherwise).
19. The Watermark retains the sole and exclusive rights of supply to persons attending the premises of all foods and confectionery. Where foods are offered to visitors for the purpose of trade fairs then ‘Safe Food, Better Business’ practices shall be applied. No hot takeaway foods will be permitted into the building under any circumstances.
20. Where the hirer cancels their hiring The Watermark shall be entitled to retain / charge
a) a proportion of the room hire fee as follows - where cancellation is notified between (days are calendar days):
21 – 15 days 25% room hire
14 – 8 days 50% room hire
7 –0 days, 100% room hire.
b) Ordered catering - foods & beverages that have been obtained and or prepared the quoted cost will be charged in full.
c) Any equipment/personnel hired by The Watermark for your event will be re-charged to you at the full rate applicable.
21. The Watermark may cancel any engagement and shall not incur any liability to the hirer whatsoever other than for the return of any fee paid in respect of such cancelled engagement.
22. These T&C apply to private events only. Any event that is open to members of the public or where an admission charge is made must be agreed with the Watermark at the time of booking and separate Terms & Conditions will be applied.
23. If the hirer fails to observe and perform any one or more of the stipulations contained in the foregoing provisions of this condition The Watermark may cancel any engagements and/or any facilities in use.
Note: In accordance with the Licence for The Watermark, the end time of hire/times stated on the licence are the time by which all persons are to be off the premises. When booking for functions and events the bar will close one hour prior to the end of the hire and all music 30 minutes before the end of hire time.